Table of Contents
|License:||Free (for Mac, Macbook, and iMac)|
|Architecture:||x86-64 (64-bit) / ARM64|
|Your rating:||5.0 star rating|
About macOS Big Sur
macOS Big Sur – a major operating system update for Mac computers and laptops, including a design update, a new control center, and security and privacy improvements.
What’s new with macOS Big Sur
What’s New in Version 11.6.2 Final (12/13/2021)
- This version contains important security updates and is recommended for installation by all users.
- Microsoft: Powerdir vulnerability in macOS could provide access to user data
What’s New in macOS Big Sur
- Apple Unveils macOS Big Sur with Gorgeous New Design
- iOS 14 and macOS 11 will receive native support for DNS-over-HTTPS and DNS-over-TLS
- New ARM-based Apple Macs won’t support running Windows 10 through Boot Camp
- Apple introduced macOS Big Sur with a new design
- MacOS Big Sur update showed how to update the interface of Windows 10
- Security and Privacy Improvements for macOS Big Sur and iOS 14
- With the new app design, it’s easier to focus on content and take action with powerful toolbars and full-size sidebars.
- The interval of the updated menu bar is now wider, and the new translucent material becomes brighter when interacting with it.
- Updated system sounds include download and file transfer sounds, moving items to the Recycle Bin, locking files, and more.
- The control room combines the most frequently used menus and controls in one convenient place on the menu bar, so you can quickly change the settings as you work.
- Additional controls appear when you expand Click Control Center.
- Support for pinning frequently used menus from Control Item to Menu Bar.
- The updated notification hub combines notifications and widgets into a single view.
- Interactive notifications display additional information and actions when they are disclosed.
- New beautiful informative widgets: “Calendar”, “Clock”, “Notes”, “Photos”, “Podcasts”, “Reminders”, “Screen Time”, “Promotions” and “Weather”.
- Edit mode allows you to add new widgets and adjust their size.
- Support for third-party widgets.
- The world’s fastest and most energy-efficient desktop browser with industry-leading performance*.
- A customizable new start page lets you set a background image and decide what appears on it, including Reading List, iCloud tabs, privacy report, and more.
- Improved support for extensions and a new dedicated category in the App Store to find new extensions.
- A new tab design with tab icons and a preview of websites displayed when you hover over a tab.
- Translation (beta) into English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Russian, or Brazilian Portuguese (U.S. and Canadian English only).
- The privacy report gives you an idea of how Safari supports browsing, including an overview of trackers blocked by Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Safari’s Password Monitor feature securely checks saved passwords to detect what might be involved in a data breach.
- Privacy settings for Safari extensions allow you to set permissions for different websites to use extensions.
- Pinned Conversations supports up to nine favorite message threads at the top of the list.
- The “Mentions” feature allows you to send a message to an individual in a group conversation.
- The Built-in Replies feature lets you reply to a specific message in a conversation.
- Message effects including balloons, confetti, lasers and more.
- The #images tag makes it easy to find and share popular GIF animations.
- Memoji stickers allow you to express emotions that match your character and mood with your own character.
- Guidebooks compiled by reliable brands help to learn about interesting places.
- Look Around for exploring cities in a three-dimensional, high-resolution interactive mode.
- Maps of premises for major airports and shopping centers.
- Possibility of laying the route on a bicycle.
- The EV route feature helps you plan a trip on supported models and send directions to your iPhone to navigate on the go.
Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices.
macOS Big Sur System Requirements
If you’re upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, you’ll need 35.5 GB of free disk space to install macOS Big Sur. If you’re upgrading from an earlier version of the operating system, you’ll need up to 44.5 GB of free disk space to install macOS Big Sur.
You can install macOS Big Sur on any of these Mac models. As other compatible models become available, the list will be updated.
- MacBook (2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (2013 or later)
- MacBook Pro (2013 or later)
- Mac mini (2014 or later)
- iMac (2014 or later)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later – i.e. all models)
- Mac Pro (2013 or later)
More About macOS Big Sure
macOS Big Sur is Apple’s operating system for Mac computers and laptops. In the new version, the developers have updated the graphical interface, improved the security and privacy of users, and added new and improved features.
The macOS Big Sur update has received many changes in the design. Various transparent layers, smoother app animations, a floating dock, and other visual UI enhancements have been added.
The new control center, with support for widgets, allows you to quickly access the settings of screen brightness, volume, control of wireless connections, and other functions directly from the desktop.
The Internet browser Safari has received improvements to tabs and new personalization options for the start page. Also, thanks to the optimized engine, the browser works much faster than alternative Internet browsers for macOS.
macOS Big Sur has redesigned and improved the Messages and Maps apps, as well as many minor fixes and improvements to other components of the operating system. Additionally, before new applications are downloaded, more information will be provided about their privacy practices and the data collected.
Download macOS Big Sur Files
You can download the macOS Big Sur installer from the Mac App Store, but you need to know where to find the magic link. Or you can download it from our website archive:
In a recent article, we had two different methods to download macOS Big Sur. I hope you were successful in your download? Why did it end up being necessary for you to download the operating system? We’d love to hear from you in the comment section!